PHYS 1010 Study Guide - Final Guide: Total Internal Reflection, Refractive Index, Magnified

137 views3 pages
15 Apr 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

(use when you compare with actual value) (use when you compare two experimental values) a. snell"s law nasin( a) = nb sin( b) b. Relationship of refractive indices na" and nb" with angles a" and b" c. know about critical angle, total internal reflection i. Nature of image: (erect/inverted) (real/virtual) (magnified/diminished) f. why should the laser hit the center of the semi-circular prism? i. Ray diagram by converging lenses {nature of image i. e. (erect/inverted) (real/virtual) (magnified/diminished)} a. Based on position of object from focal point. Between 2f and infinity = diminished, real c. magnifications (measured vs calculated) i. Measured means actually measuring the two heights of the object and image and finding the ratio between. ii. Calculated means using the equation involving di or v and do or u . How does the pattern spread out or shrink by changing slit width (a)/distance from slit to screen (l)? b.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers