PSYC 325 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Victim Blaming, Fundamental Attribution Error, Arab Culture

63 views5 pages

Document Summary

Social perception: the study of how we form impressions of other people and make inferences (construal) about them. Nonverbal communication: the way people communicate (intentionally or not) without words, examples, face expressions: i. Studies suggest that we mimic other people"s facial expressions: Caused by mirror neurons: tone of voice, gestures, body positioning and movement, the use of touch, eye gaze. Facial expressions of emotion: darwin"s universality hypothesis on facial expression, the primary emotions conveyed by the face are universal: i. Issues in perceiving facial expressions: the accuracy of the perception of a given facial expression isn"t the same across. A facial expression where one part of the face registers one emotion while another part registers a different emotion (e. g. , anger and disgust): cultural differences in the expression of emotions: object. Chapter 4: social perception: context: i. ii. Holistic: focus on the focal and the context.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers