PSYC 363 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Jennifer Aniston, Grandmother Cell, Temporal Lobe

27 views1 pages

Document Summary

Modularity: structures for faces, places, and bodies in the inferotemporal cortex (it: functional specialization, an area of the brain that processes specific types of information. Inferotemporal (it) cortex: the cells in one area respond best to faces (ffa) while the cells in another responds best to heads, grandmother cell: i. A neuron that responds to a particular object at a conceptual level, firing in response to the object itself: Can be a picture or name (e. g. , jennifer aniston): temporal lobe damage results in: i. Person can"t recognize faces: object recognition a) 4. fmri on humans in the temporal lobe: fusiform face area (ffa): Faces and implied faces. i: parahippocampal place area (ppa): i. Locations, but not where they are: extrastriate body area (eba): Image clutter: a characteristic of visual scenes in which many objects are scattered in 3d space, with partial obstruction of various parts of objects by other objects: i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers