PSYC 363 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Hidden Surface Determination, Temporal Lobe, Inferior Temporal Gyrus

27 views11 pages

Document Summary

Abrupt, elongated changes in brightness and/or color. ii. iii. iv. Divide these regions into figure and ground, and assign border ownership. Group together regions that have similar properties (e. g. , color): Groups consisting of figure regions are represented as candidate objects. Other groups of regions are represented as background. v. Fill in missing edges and surfaces (i. e. edges and surfaces that are partly occluded) to obtain more complete representations of candidate objects: object recognition: i. Perceptual organization: the visual system"s way of dealing with scenes containing multiple overlapping objects. Representing edges and regions: edge extraction, the process by which the visual system determines the location, orientation, and curvature of edges in the retinal image: i. Based on patterns of responses from ganglion cells to neurons in areas v1, v2, and v4 to area it: recognition is straightforward: i. Inform connectedness: a characteristic of regions of the retinal image that have approximately uniform properties.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers