PSYC 363 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Inferior Colliculus, Olivary Body, Trapezoid Body

75 views9 pages
17 May 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Ascending pathways: from the ear to the brain: the structures in the auditory pathways come in pairs (i. e. right and left hemisphere), pathways, main: i. Type 1 auditory nerve fibers carry signals from inner hair cells in the cochlea to the ipsilateral cochlear nucleus in the brain stem. From the ipsilateral cochlear nucleus, the signals travel: directly: To the contralateral inferior colliculus: directly or indirectly (via a synapse in the contralateral trapezoid body): To the contralateral superior olivary complex, and then to the contralateral inferior colliculus. From the contralateral inferior colliculus, the signal travels: to the contralateral medial geniculate body (mgb), to the ipsilateral medial geniculate body (mgb): Signal is then sent to the ipsilateral auditory complex. From the contralateral mgb, the signal travels to the contralateral auditory cortex: secondary: i. ii. iii. From the ipsilateral cochlear nucleus, the signal travels to the ipsilateral superior olivary complex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers