FILM 110 Chapter Notes - Chapter week 22: Scandar Copti, Tiny Furniture, Arab Citizens Of Israel

44 views3 pages

Document Summary

Week 22: hyperlink film and neo neo realism: ajami: answer the questions in vodcast 2, we have already seen that in mainstream cinema, the main character tends to be: white, male, heterosexual, capitalist (upward mobility), and chauvinist (patriarchal/national). So what happens when films like syriana or ajami include multiple characters -- ones who do not always share the benefits of white middle class privilege. Gives the film a more real feel, the stress and chaos of the movie seems more realistic than if i knew the actor. The plots are dizzying and you don"t favour one over the other. I went in knowing it wasn"t mainstream cinema, and my viewing would"ve been different if not seen in this context or watched the vodcasts before. The big cast and way its filmed makes the viewer want to find a theme: ajami has a very intense dramatic climax, but it does not offer any narrative or thematic closure.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers