ARCH 131 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1-1: Biogeography, Empirical Process, Natural Philosophy

65 views3 pages

Document Summary

2. 1 explain how science differs from other ways of understanding the world. Science is a progressive, self-correcting, evidence-based way of understanding the world. Faith"s e(cid:448)ide(cid:374)(cid:272)e is (cid:271)i(cid:271)le a(cid:374)d i(cid:373)per(cid:448)ious to e(cid:448)ide(cid:374)(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d h(cid:455)pothesis testing. Took decades and court battles before laws dropped on banning teaching of evolution. The judge rules in favor of the separation of church and state, religious views should not be taught in public school. Have stated that evolution is a unifying principle of life sciences, without valid competition in science curriculum from theological explanations. Ex. (cid:862)s(cid:272)opes (cid:373)o(cid:374)ke(cid:455) trial(cid:863) , s(cid:272)hool (cid:271)oard i(cid:374) do(cid:448)er. Evolution is a theoretical framework that is the only way to make sense of a tremendous amount of evidence that is around us. (fossilized bones and ancient hominin skulls) Explain how science differs from the other ways of understanding the world. Science is an empirical process that relies on evidence and experimentation. Data can be subjected to differences in interpretation, being self-correcting.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers