BUS 421 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Moral Hazard, Adverse Selection, Capital Market

250 views5 pages

Document Summary

Ta(cid:374)dard setti(cid:374)g is the regulatio(cid:374) of fir(cid:373)"s i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) produ(cid:272)tio(cid:374) de(cid:272)isio(cid:374)s (cid:271)(cid:455) a regulator: mediates conflicting interests between investors and managers, firms with monopoly regular rates and price caps. Reasons: externality, the actions of one party (i. e. underproduction) affect outside parties, to protect individuals who are at an information disadvantage due to information asymmetry. Intend to improve the operation of capital and managerial labor markets by enhancing public confidence that these markets work well. Includes financial statement information, earnings forecasts, details of new financing, and audit. Additional information add a barometer to the thermometer: the introduction of new information systems to report on matters not currently included. The amount that equates the marginal social benefits of information production to the marginal social costs of information production. Creates the largest possi(cid:271)le (cid:862)pie(cid:863) of i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) (cid:271)e(cid:374)efits for so(cid:272)iet(cid:455) Any additional production would cost more than the benefits granted.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers