PSYC 357 Chapter Notes - Chapter 7: Wok, Gie, Scale-Invariant Feature Transform

78 views5 pages

Document Summary

Executive functioning: higher-order cognitive skills that are needed in order to make decisions, plans and allocate mental resources to a task, draws upon several abilities. The working memory, selective attention, mental flexibility, and the ability to plan and inhibit distracting formation. Pro(cid:448)ides a(cid:374) assess(cid:373)e(cid:374)t of a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s o(cid:448)erall (cid:272)og(cid:374)iti(cid:448)e status alo(cid:374)g a set of standardized dimensions. Scores can be used in a research context: allows psychologists to evaluate the cognitive strengths and weaknesses of their research subjects, clients or personnel. Wechsler adult intelligence scale (wais: most well-known test of adult intelligence, first published in 1955. Primary mental abilities test (pmat: used extensively in research regarding aging, assesses the seven abilities of verbal meaning, word fluency, number, spatial. Relations, memory, perceptual speed and general reasoning: administered in a group format. Gather i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) a(cid:271)out a (cid:272)lie(cid:374)t"s (cid:271)rai(cid:374) fu(cid:374)(cid:272)tio(cid:374)i(cid:374)g fro(cid:373) a series of sta(cid:374)dardized cognitive tests. Several tests are derived from or the same tests as the wais-iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers