POLS 4050 Chapter N/A: Courts, Rights, and Democratic Participation (Week 8)

29 views7 pages

Document Summary

In this article, i assert how courts, along with the rights they protect, can serve as the cornerstones of an incremental transformation and expansion in public participation in democratic politics. I examine how rights and access to legal institutions may condition how courts are used as opportunities for public participation through law enforcement, rights claiming, and expanded protection. Constitutional court in italy will take cases from elected officials as well as lower court. Data and method: to test these expectations, i created a dataset that includes applications submitted to and judicial decisions of the echr from 1955 to 2004. Thursday march 9th, 2017: the convention serves as a set of higher order, quasi-constitutional norms for contracting states throughout europe. In this section, i explore if, how, and why these convention rights have expanded with time and how this might vary cross-nationally. Austria, belgium, cyprus, czech republic, france greece, lithuania, luxembourg, malta,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers