PSYC 1000 Chapter 15: Module 15

37 views4 pages

Document Summary

Create attachment styles in infancy and they stick with you throughout your life. Mary ainsworth said that parenting shapes peoples attachment style. Temperament: refers to a perso(cid:374)"s (cid:272)hara(cid:272)teristi(cid:272) style a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)te(cid:374)sity of e(cid:373)otio(cid:374)al reactivity. Severe, prolonged deprivation or abuse may lead to: Pare(cid:374)ts i(cid:373)pose rules (cid:862)(cid:271)e(cid:272)ause i said so(cid:863) and expect obedience. Pare(cid:374)ts u(cid:271)(cid:373)it to kids" desires, (cid:374)ot enforcing limits or standards for child behaviour. Parents enforce rules, limits, and standards but also explain, discuss, listen, and express respe(cid:272)t for (cid:272)hild"s ideas a(cid:374)d wishes. Puberty is the time of sexual maturation (becoming physically able to reproduce) During puberty increased sex hormones leads to: Height changes are an early sign of puberty. Because girls begin puberty sooner than boys, girls briefly overtake boys in height. Girls generally start puberty before boys some earliest 9, some boys as late as 16. Primary sex characteristics: the body structure that make sexual reproduction possible.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers