Berbeo reading Notes
• Inequality has increased through the years
• Inequality is the condition of being unequal as regards command of any sources
• Empirist write about inequality with modifiers:
1. Will the rise of democracy decrease economic inequality?
• Democratization: it is a redistribution game
• Economic inequality has been rising since the 1990s, period where most
countries turn to democracy.
• High economic inequality harms the quality of democracy.
• Economic inequality is a potential threat to the durability of democratic
• Usually elites are the ones who are favored from the new laws created by
• Bad governance is frequently associated with high levels of inequality
often creates a bad investment environment.
2. Reversing economic inequality:
• Poverty has been a more problematic matter compared to inequality in