POLS 2880 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Middle Ages, Al-Qaeda, Stanley Hoffmann

47 views11 pages

Document Summary

Global political system: the properties that describe the characteristic ways in which actors most often behave in the global arena of any historical period. Nationalism: a mind-set glorifying a particular state and the nationality g(cid:396)oup li(cid:448)i(cid:374)g i(cid:374) it, (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h sees the state(cid:859)s i(cid:374)te(cid:396)ests as a supreme value. Transformation: a change in the characteristic pattern of interaction among the most active participants in world politics of such magnitude that it appea(cid:396)s that o(cid:374)e (cid:858)glo(cid:271)al s(cid:455)ste(cid:373)(cid:859) has (cid:396)epla(cid:272)ed a(cid:374)othe(cid:396). Global system: the predominant patterns of behaviors and beliefs that prevail internationally to define the major worldwide conditions that heavily influence human and national activities. State: an independent, territorially defined community in the global system administered by a sovereign government. Anarchy: a condition in which the units in the global system are subjected to few if any overachieving institutions to regulate their conduct.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers