BIOL 2905 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9.4: P700, Plastoquinone, Photosystem I

19 views2 pages

Document Summary

Light reactions in plants: photosystems ii & i are light trapping components involved in etc, electron carriers embedded in thylakoid membrane, photosystem ii, cytochrome complex, photosystem i. Steps of light reactions: absorption of light by photosystem ii results in oxidation of p680. Released electrons reduces the primary electron acceptor molecule. P680+ is returned to: from primary electron acceptor, electron passed to mobile carrier molecule plastoquinone (pq). As it accepts an electron photosystem ii, pq picks a proton from stroma. Pq diffuses through membrane before binding to cytochrome complex, at which point it donates an electron & releases a proton into the thylakoid lumen: absorption of light energy by photosystem i results in oxidation of p700. The liberated electron is used to reduce the primary acceptor before being passed down to ferredoxin. The single electron is then held by nadp+ reductase complex. P700+ is reduced back to p700 by electron that comes from plantacyanin.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers