HCSV 360 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Clark L. Hull, Drive Theory, Reinforcement

46 views4 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 3: motivated vs engaged, engaged healthcare employees a. i. More focused on patient care and treatment a. iii. Contribute to greater profitability: disengaged employees bring morale down and impact the organization"s bottom line, motivation- the concept, motive a. i. Something that causes a person to act b. Derived from within the individual: extrinsic reward c. i. Reinforcements that are given be another person d. Intrinsically motivated behavior a: drive theory by clark hull, four primary drives c. i. Avoidance of pain: people are motivated by several types of varying needs, theories of motivation, employee needs of various types, extrinsic factors c. Intrinsic factors: needs based, maslaw"s hierarchy of needs a. i. Includes shelter, safe home environment, healthcare, money a. iii. Includes the desire for social contact and interaction a. iv. 1. Overtime individuals were motivated to continually progress upward through these level: alderfer"s erg theory b. i. Combining physiological and safety needs into one level b. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers