CRJU 4100 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Racial Profiling, Ath, Reasonable Person

23 views2 pages
21 Feb 2017
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Co(cid:374)du(cid:272)t a thorough a(cid:374)d proper (do thi(cid:374)gs i(cid:374) the right order so it does(cid:374)"t get thro(cid:449)(cid:374) out later) investigation. Breaking the law to uphold it: it is understood that law enforcement must violate some rules; they have authority over regular citizens. Police responder ethos: ethical vs unethical responders; different mi(cid:374)d sets ((cid:449)hat"s i(cid:374) it for me). Use of discretion: hard to monitor and control, can be misused, selective enforcement. Racial profiling: was on track to be eradicated until 9/11; a self-fulfilling prophecy; us vs them attitude. Domestic violence: mandatory arrest laws- changes in law do not necessarily change officer behavior. Prostitution: saving or hurting sex traffic victims by arresting them; discretion. High-speed chases: high risks of property damage, injury and death; adrenaline in officers can lead to abuse of force; the decision to pursue should be based on law enforcement, public safety, and peacekeeping; no chase, felony chase, and.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers