BIOL 1209 Chapter : Khalid Lab Report 20

16 views6 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I certify that the writing in this assignment is my individual work and is my sole intellectual property. It does not contain the ideas, or writing of other individuals/authors. This experiment was designed to see how interspecific competition affects autotrophic population. Water samples were collected from four different sites on campus to test alternative and hull hypothesis for community ecology. Chlorophyll levels were measured by the absorbance of each tube. The absorbance was measured using the spectrophotometer for population ecology. The date was then compiled into two graphs comparing nitrate and chlorophyll levels. The results show that interspecific competition had an effect on autotrophic populations and that an increase nitrate levels decreased the chlorophyll levels. Ecology is the study of interactions between organisms and their environment. Population ecology analyzes factors that affect population size and how and why it changes through time. The different locations to measure the population growth for chlamydomonas were university.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers