PSYCH 3313 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Posterior Cerebral Artery, Periaqueductal Gray, Cerebrospinal Fluid

25 views11 pages

Document Summary

Functional neuroanatomy and the evolution of the nervous system. Anatomical directions and planes of section: rostral toward the end of the head of a four-legged animal, caudal toward the tail of a four-legged animal, dorsal toward the back of a four-legged animal. Ipsilateral referring to structures on the same side of the midline. My left leg and left arm are ipsilateral: contralateral referring to structures on opposite sides of the midline. My right leg and left arm are contralateral to each other. K. 1: medial toward the midline, lateral away from the midline, proximal closer to the center; usually applied to limbs; opposite of distal. My shoulders are proximal relative my elbows: distal farther away from another, usually in reference to limbs. My toes are distal relative to my knees. Coronal (frontal) sections an anatomical section dividing the brain front to back, parallel to the face. Sagittal sections an anatomical section that is parallel to the midline.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers