BUL 3130 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Tortious Interference, Intentional Tort, Frivolous Litigation

39 views4 pages
31 Jan 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Contributes to maintaining order because it discourages private retaliation by injured parties. To satisfy our collective sense of right and wrong by providing that someone who creates harm should make things right by compensating those harmed. Intentional torts are divided into: torts against persons, torts against property, torts against economic interests, torts against persons: i(cid:374)te(cid:374)tio(cid:374)al a(cid:272)ts that har(cid:373) a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s ph(cid:455)si(cid:272)al or (cid:373)e(cid:374)tal integrity. Defamation- the intentional publication (or communication to a third party) of a false state(cid:373)e(cid:374)t har(cid:373)ful to a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s reputatio(cid:374: libel: defamation published in a permanent form, such as in a magazine or newspaper. False light: occurs when publicity about a person creates an impression about that individual that is not valid; closely related to defamation. Public disclosure of private facts: when someone publicizes a private fact about another that a reasonable person would find highly offensive (cid:894)so(cid:373)eo(cid:374)e"s se(cid:454) life or failure to pay debts)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers