COM 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5: A Deeper Understanding, Extraversion And Introversion

13 views3 pages
22 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Factors such as personality, cultural norms, abilities, and goals are also considered a. ii. Listening presage includes the things listeners bring to a listening situation and the context in which it occurs a. ii. 1. a. ii. 2. a. ii. 3. The process of listening is the actual mechanics of listening a. iii. 1. Converting sound into electrical impulses and then into meaning a. iii. 2. Accessing memories in order to prepare effective responses a. iv. The product of listening is the outcomes of the process a. iv. 1. a. iv. 2. a. iv. 3. A deeper understanding of a particular concept or idea: five ways of listening, discriminative listening a. i. Knowing chinese from english, or a bird chirp from a dog: comprehensive listening woof b. i. Understanding the message in order to retain, recall, and use it at a later time b. ii. The process of information acquisition, storage, and retrieval b. ii. 1. Ex: listening to a lecture to comprehend, memorize, and: therapeutic listening pass the exam c. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers