PSYC 464 Chapter Notes - Chapter 16: Descriptive Knowledge, Implicit-Association Test, Procedural Knowledge

76 views3 pages

Document Summary

Can be a collection of statements about yourself. William james believed that our me includes everything we value. Central aspect = psychological nature our abilities and personalities. Self-knowledge can be divided into two types: declarative knowledge = facts and impressions that we consciously know and can describe, procedural knowledge = expressed through actions. Procedural self-knowledge includes patterns of social skills, styles relating to others that comprise the relational self and the unconscious self-knowledge that resides in the implicit self. Ontological self = the i mysterious entity that does the observing/describing. The homunculus or soul experiences your life and makes your decisions. Epistemological self = the me can be observed/described. Low self-esteem correlated with dissatisfaction with life, hopelessness, depression, loneliness, delinquency. Self-enhancement is dangerous to relationships with others, mental healthy, and adjustment. The most important opinion of yourself is the degree to which is correct.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers