MIRA3004 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Lower Gastrointestinal Series, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Upper Gastrointestinal Series

36 views8 pages

Document Summary

Croh(cid:374)"s disease: i(cid:374)fla(cid:373)(cid:373)atory (cid:272)o(cid:374)ditio(cid:374) affe(cid:272)ti(cid:374)g iliu(cid:373) of the i(cid:374)testi(cid:374)e. Me(cid:272)kel"s di(cid:448)erti(cid:272)ulu(cid:373): sa(cid:272) that pushes through the (cid:449)alls of the s(cid:373)all (cid:271)o(cid:449)el. Structural or functional abnormalities of large intestine. Detect abnormalities such as polyps and cancer. Recent barium swallow or upper gi procedure. Rectal biopsy within the preceding three days. A barium enema is an investigation of the large bowel. For this examination to be satisfactory, it is very important that you follow the. Before the barium enema, it is important that your bowel is completely clean so that the radiologist may have a clear view. At the time of booking the examination staff will tell you when the examination is to be performed and explain the dietary requirement. The instructions you are asked to follow and the laxatives to be taken are to clear the colon (large intestine) of faecal material.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers