Week 22: Personal Safety CHSC 1F90 18 March 2014
Personal Safety: intentional Injuries
• Acts of violence result in:
o Injuries and deaths
o Poor mental health, conduct disorders, lack of social & emotional
o Economic costs
• Violence is caused by
o Poverty, lack of housing, unemployment, low education
o Discrimination, cultural & social beliefs
o Poor parental role models
• In the past decade the rate of violent crimes in Canada has:
• Your text offers steps to reduce hate crimes. Which one will you take?
o Examine your own self and know your own self
• Which do you believe is the most common location for violence
• Of the following, which one is the most common social context of violence?
o A group of women involved in a fight at a bar
• Which of the following statement is true?
o Men are more likely than women to be physical dangerous than women
• In the past 12 months have you
• If you said yes
o 8 Week 22: Personal Safety CHSC 1F90