CGSC 2001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Connectionism, Dynamical System, Bayesian Network

65 views3 pages

Document Summary

Cogsci mock exam: compare and contrast discrete and dimensional + pros and cons, what are the four factors that influence emotion, physiological, behavioural, experiential, and cognitive, theories of emotion b. i. Started at the most difficult idea to understand (i. e. , higher level human cognition) Pss (symbolic) and connectionism (neural nets subsymbolic) Started at lower level cognition (i. e. , ants and crickets) Even though shakey has a body, it is not classified as an embodied cognitive system because it still follows the traditional sandwich, which is to say, the sense-think-act cycle. Changes to the environment do not change the internal state. Conceptualization: procedures are not affected by the body, body has no impact on perception/understanding. Subliminal shown under the threshold of consciousness, remembered for short period of time a. ii. Time between the prime and the target and subliminal/supraliminal: savants: developmental disability + exceptional ability, calendar counting and triad (musical ability + developmental disability + lack of eyesight, what kind of skills? b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers