AHSC 260 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Nebulous, Content Validity, Construct Validity

118 views9 pages

Document Summary

Needs assessment: a systematic inquiry about needs, attitudes, behaviours, and patterns of both participants and non-participants. The first step of the programming process. Needs are infinite, often conflicting, and consensus is lacking/difficult to achieve: example of limitations. We can all agree that better health is a worthwhile goal. But we can see the issues becomes complex quickly. Infinite needs: reduce smoking, increase fitness, reduce stress: conflicting needs: if i reduce smoking i might increase stress, consensus is difficult to achieve: the doctor might say that i need to quit smoking. My fitness trainer will insist that i need to dedicate more time and effort to the gym. My psychologist wants me to join a stress reduction focus group. Theoretical understanding of need: society (community/organization/program) is responsible to meet the basic survival needs of its members. Ponsioen: required to identify a threshold, below which no one should fall, needs exist when people fall below the established threshold.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers