HESA 5341 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Economic Evaluation

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

Session 7: introduction to economic evaluation in health and cost analysis. Foundation of economics = scarcity, budget constraints (cannot spend as much as we want which is why we need to make decisions) In order to add it, need to know whether it is useful or beneficial to the public. Characteristics of health care evaluation i. e. cost description not looking at consequences or alternatives, just the cost itself such as the cost of an mri machine. At least two alternatives, look at costs and consequences of both, economic evaluation (i. e. cost minimization analysis) and then make a decision. Cua and cba combine to form outcome of utility and outcome of money. Health(cid:272)are does(cid:374)"t (cid:272)are a(cid:271)out the (cid:272)ost of tra(cid:374)sportatio(cid:374) to the (cid:272)li(cid:374)i(cid:272) as they do(cid:374)"t pay for it, but it would be considered in the view of the patient. Depends on the agencies i. e. hospital is short-term as you would only manage costs up to when the patient is discharged.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers