Accidental Rafting and Homo Erectus in south East Asia.docx

4 Pages

Department
Anthropology
Course Code
ANTH 1131
Professor
D.Sandgathe

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.
Accidental Rafting and Homo Erectus in
south East Asia
Accidental Rafting: By chance being swept away to a different area during a
natural disaster (hurricane, tsunamis, etc.) and surviving could even cross
seas, especially if the currents are strong enough to push you onto the coast
of another place
However, there are almost no good evidence that people in Australia
from 40 thousand to 4 thousand years ago have had any contact with
people from different areas (such as in Asia or Java).
If there were boats involved, there would have been at least some
contact between the people in Australia and places across the Wallace
Line
What Happened to Homo erectus in South-East Asia?
There is no evidence that Homo erectus in Asia has evolved into
modern humans
The Homo erectus in Asia disappeared completely. Some reasons for
this may be:

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Accidental Rafting and Homo Erectus in south East Asia Accidental Rafting: By chance being swept away to a different area during a natural disaster (hurricane, tsunamis, etc.) and surviving – could even cross seas, especially if the currents are strong enough to push you onto the coast of another place  However, there are almost no good evidence that people in Australia from 40 thousand to 4 thousand years ago have had any contact with people from different areas (such as in Asia or Java).  If there were boats involved, there would have been at least some contact between the people in Australia and places across the Wallace Line What Happened to Homo erectus in South-East Asia?  There is no evidence that Homo erectus in Asia has evolved into modern humans  The Homo erectus in Asia disappeared completely. Some reasons for this may be:  There is a super volcano called Toba; it was 2,400 times the size of Mount St. Helens eruption in 1980 – it spread debris to approximately 2,800 cubic kilometres  If the Homo erectus had been around during this time, the eruption of Toba could have been a plausible reason for the extinction of the Homo erectus and the plantations in the area What is the Homo floresiensis?  Found in the Liang Bua Cave in Flores  There are no complete skeletons, but there are remains of at least 6-7 individuals  The layers of the site date from about 19,000 to 9,000 years ago  The Homo floresiensis were around when modern humans were around as well  They were much smaller than modern humans – around a metre tal
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit