BIOL 112 Lecture Notes - Isoleucine, Valine, Tyrosine
30 views7 pages
For unlimited access to Class Notes, a Class+ subscription is required.
• polymers of amino acids
• can vary in amount of amino acids from 30 - 30,000 (titin).
• uniqueness comes from different types of folding and combinations .
• peptide linkage
◦ ALWAYS forms between carboxyl and amino groups. (starts at amino,
ends at carboxyl)
◦ N terminus to C terminus
• All protein backbones are:
• Precise sequence of amino acids is called the Primary Structure
Twenty Different Amino Acids can be found in Proteins.