BIOL 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Gel Electrophoresis, Deoxyribonuclease I, Deoxyribonuclease

37 views4 pages
30 Oct 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Enhancer elements can stimulate transcription from eukaryotic promotors. Most eukaryotic genes are regulated by multiple transcription control elements. Today we"ll talk about the protein that binds to the regulatory sequences. Rna pol ii binds to the promoter and it recruits general transcription factors (gtf) that are present in all eukaryotic genes. Specific genes will use different transcription factors depending on the enhancer and promoter-proximal elements that are unique to every specific gene. Transcription factors are proteins that will enhance or repress the transcription. They can bind to the promoter-proximal elements or/and the enhancers. Gtf"s are required for the initiation of transcription and every gene has the same. Transcription factors can be activators (faster transcription) or repressors (slower or no transcription). There are many transcription factors (proteins) in the nucleus. I want to know which protein will bind to a specific enhancer region. To do so, i need to separate my transcriptional factors from each other.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers