BIOL 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Nuclear Localization Sequence, Nucleoporin, Nuclear Membrane

44 views1 pages

Document Summary

Biol200 oct 8th mrna complex has to make its way through the npc highly ordered structure. 3 classes of these npcs they assemble into a mega complex. Fg (cid:374)u(cid:272)leopori(cid:374), -complex (structural nucleoporins)-ring formation interacts the nuclear envelope and is stabilized by the membrane nucleoporins. Fg nucleoporins have both hydrophilic and hydrophilic regions and these react with one another in the matrix. In order to get through the matrix, must get through these interactions. Anything bigger must make its way through in a energetically favourable reaction. Nuclear proteins (pol ii, chromatin-associated proteins) are synthesized in the cytoplasm and must be imported into the nucleoplasm through these npcs. Nls nuclear localization signal must be sufficient for transport into the nucleus. Engineer the gene to include nls and it localizes to the nucleus. A signal to bring in proteins must be present. I(cid:373)porti(cid:374) (cid:271)i(cid:374)ds to nls a(cid:374)d (cid:271)i(cid:374)ds to fg (cid:374)u(cid:272)leopori(cid:374)s. Importin binds to cargo complex-nls can enter the nucleus.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers