EDEC 247 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Getgo, Learning Disability, The Basic School

42 views6 pages

Document Summary

It"s a situatio(cid:374) that i(cid:373)pedes a stude(cid:374)t"s a(cid:271)ility to lear(cid:374), su(cid:272)h as discrimination of poverty: disorder: psychological condition which can affect and i(cid:373)pede a stude(cid:374)t"s lear(cid:374)i(cid:374)g, su(cid:272)h as autis(cid:373) or tourette"s syndrome. They are included in the dsm: combination of problems: very rarely will a child have a disorder and a disorder only. Usually, there is a combination of problems: no two students with the same challenges have it to the same extent or degree, or manifest it in the same way. Negative perception: teachers have a negative perception of coded students from the get-go, without even knowing them. Self-fulfilling prophecy: students are very aware of the fact that they are coded, and this can cause the student to use this code in a negative way. This means that their education is of value: integration: students must be integrated into the classroom, but this does not mean full integration. The intent was to have these institutions in remote locations.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers