- for this class, we assume that Auxillaries are base generated in T in English
- in French, we're going with that they do move. In English, the tense and agreement move down to
check, in French, the verb moves up to check with them.
- spontaneous recovery is possible
- Imaging speech
- speech = overt vocalization of what we call laguage vs. language = both speaking and understanding
- why - though speech is so important - is there not very much studying on it?
- no animal experiments, so much going on that it's hard to say what's what
- one of the biggest problems with imaging it is that you have to move when you talk - all images
will be influenced by movement (movement artifact)
- how to avoid this? : internal speech, produce a program that minimizes this, use a brief stimulus
(instead of a whole long story)
- problems: behaviour of interest much be short, when discarding volumes, you lose some of the activity
- is there another solution?