ORGB 380 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Collectivism, Individualism, Interpersonal Relationship

41 views3 pages

Document Summary

Cross cultural lecture 4 cultural dimensions and models part 2. Trompenaars: universalism vs. particularism, individualism vs. collectivism, neutrality vs. emotionalism, specificity vs. diffuseness, achievement vs. ascription, attitudes towards time. Example: special discount just because: particularist cultures tend to also be more collectivistic, this can sometimes be viewed by universalist cultures are corruption. You are rising in a car driven by your friend. 35 mph in an area where the maximum speed limit is 20 mph. His lawyers tell you that if you testify under oath he was driving only 20 mph, it may save him from serious consequences. How would you act in this case: there is a general obligation to tell the truth as a witness. I will not perjure myself before the court: my friend in trouble comes first. I am not going to abandon him before a court of strangers based on abstract principles.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers