POLI 231 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Tyrant, Consequentialism, Deontological Ethics

57 views5 pages

Document Summary

This lecture discusses the topic of political obligations. The major theme, is loyalty to the political community which you are a part of: conflict between creon and antigone: many dimensions, family ties (private) vs. Family duties that conflict with your political duties. A woman"s tendency to associate with family ties rather than political ties, sensitivity. A woman"s role is only in the private sphere. This conflict is directly connected to the conflict of woman vs. man: woman vs. man. Antigone = woman, subject to a man as a woman, domestic and non-political role. Creon"s masculinity at stake no woman shall rule . This conflict is directly linked to the family versus political conflict. Part of the natural order : individual (conscience) vs. state. What i think i should do, versus what the community requires me to do. What is the relationship between an individual, their conscience and the state: religious duties vs.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers