PSYC 215 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Polar Ice Cap, Norm (Social), Ibm Officevision

25 views5 pages

Document Summary

Attribution theory (heider, row boat) (all on note from oct 17) Raw behavior = starting point for analysis of each other, we are mini scientists. Once we figure we know cause, we understand it and know what to do with it. Possible causes: internal/ external, stable/ unstable. Students= cause, both ways prof"s ego is protected: accurate for good guide but also want to protect ego, 2 competing casual analysis occurring simultaneously, one can discount the other, surfaces- ex. Young women says that relationship went down the toilet, what a loser- thought it was going to work but i"m glad its over. After 5 reminders you would think young women would say if i look at behavior over time i might have to come to the causal conclusion that i am the cause that these relationships aren"t working. But this isn"t good for the ego. Depressed causal attributions are as dysfunctional- re-direct, just as bad as always ego protecting.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers