PSYC 328 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Fibromyalgia, Prosthesis

62 views15 pages

Document Summary

One important aspect of quality of life is people"s pe(cid:396)(cid:272)eptio(cid:374)s of thei(cid:396) o(cid:449)(cid:374) health: self-reports of health status have found to predict morbidity and mortality beyond medical and psychological factors. A broad array of measures is now available for evaluating quality of life in both adults, and children. In addition, there are not only generic but also disease-specific measures to help understand how a pa(cid:396)ti(cid:272)ula(cid:396) (cid:272)h(cid:396)o(cid:374)i(cid:272) ill(cid:374)ess (cid:373)a(cid:455) i(cid:373)pa(cid:272)t a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s qol. A final point to consider when examining qol is the presence of multiple chronic physical or mental health conditions: most chronic disease management programs are designed to target one chronic condition, yet, in. Canada, of those who live with a chronic illness, 1/3 has more than one chronic health condition: those who live with multiple chronic health conditions may require specialized treatment and management strategies to address their qol deficits. Denial = a defense mechanism by which people avoid the implications of an illness.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers