COGS 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Semantic Web, Cognitive Grammar, Semantic Network

43 views3 pages

Document Summary

In ai, this representation and processing is modeled using artificial neural network (ann: key differences from other representation, execution is parallel unlike logic, rule, concept, image, analogy, each node contains limited information, can be organized in multiple layer. Semantic network: perception: collins and quillian demonstrated that the time humans take to answer true/ false to statements about concepts is consistent with the organization of semantic network. It was also shown that penguins fly takes less time than penguins breathe : human takes less time to identify robin as a bird than a penguin. In distributed representation, a network of nodes and links generate the final output/ behaviour from a set of input/ perceptual data. Connection: application and limitation: constraint satisfaction: problem solving, planning and decision making often involve balancing multiple constraints. I will buy a new cell phone if i don"t go on the school tri and i get the summer job. : excitatory: get summer job.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers