HLTH 305 Lecture 3: Week 3 - Health Care Governance and Administration, Public and private delivery of care

82 views4 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 5 health care governance and administration. O(cid:374)tario"s i(cid:373)ple(cid:373)e(cid:374)tatio(cid:374) of (cid:1005)4 lo(cid:272)al health i(cid:374)tegratio(cid:374) (cid:374)et(cid:449)orks (cid:894)lhin(cid:895) i(cid:374) (cid:1006)(cid:1004)(cid:1004)7, for example: easier to integrate services now because of technological developments, team- based primary care clinics, coordination on communicable disease surveillance systems. Governance before the 90s department of health directly accountable for local hospitals set policies. Governance now regional health authorities under department of health look over local hospitals. Federal go(cid:448)er(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t"s role: financing (tax collecting + distribution to provinces, research and evaluation (testing + quality assurance, development and monitoring of health infrastructure, population health, service delivery (direct provision to military personnel/aboriginals. Income tax (federal and provincial: sales tax (federal and provincial, premiums (on, bc, qc) Federal government (transfer payments, equalization payments (from federal government to provinces that fall below gdp threshold)) > canada health transfer (cht) > Provincial/territorial governments (decide on spending) > doctors and hospitals.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers