BSM 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Business Ethics, Financial Statement, Leading Edge

20 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ethic organizaion: always tries to do the right thing. Social responsibility: how the organizaion contributes to society. Social responsibility: the obligaion of a business to contribute to society. The most challenging business decisions seem to arise when values are in conlict. We are inluenced by our family, culture, peers. Creaing and maintaining and ethical organizaion no stupidity defence . You need to know your organizaion if you are an employee. You can"t say i didn"t know or my boss told me to do it, so i did it : transparency with inancial statements. Background checks: the source of raw material (refutable, how are they manufacturing, wages/fair (industry, norm, code of ethics/followed (past employees, whistleblower. Microsot ceo and his wife established the bill & melinda gates foundaion promoing health. Ceo scot thompson ousted for falsely claiming degrees in accouning and computer science on his resume. David poile, nashville predators general manager, pulled two top scorers from playofs for violaing team rules.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers