CMN 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Pathos, Pinterest, User-Generated Content

252 views4 pages

Document Summary

Email, instagram, facebook, snapchat, websites, twitter, text, blog. Participation: encourages contribution and feedback from everyone who is interested (i. e flickr or. Openeness: most social media services are open to feedback and participation. They encourage voting, comments and the sharing of information (i. e youtube) Conversation: whereas traditional media is about broadcast (content transmitted or distributed to an audience) social media is better seen as a two conversation (i. e twitter or facebook) Community: social media allows communities to form quickly and communicate effectively. They share common interests, such as a love of photograpghy, a political or a favorite tv show (linked in) Connectedness: most kinds of social media thrive on their connectedness, making use of links to other sites, resourcs and people (youtube or wikipedia) Social networking: any website that enables users to create public/ private profiles with that web site and. 93% of social media users are on fb! 20% =twitter 18%= linkedin 18%= tumblr 10%= pinterest.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers