CRM 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Law Abiding Citizen, Jury Trial, Vigilante

14 views4 pages

Document Summary

Concepts to learn: understand what bails are. If (cid:455)ou"re de(cid:374)ied (cid:271)ail a(cid:374)d (cid:455)ou"re i(cid:374) priso(cid:374), ho(cid:449) (cid:272)a(cid:374) (cid:455)ou parti(cid:272)ipate i(cid:374) (cid:455)our (cid:272)ase: understand plea bargaining. Think logically about what plea bargaining actually is. Juries citizen participation in the criminal justice process. You cannot have been convicted of a serious criminal offence. People who are completely exempt from jury duty. Their knowledge might present issues of bias or sway the opinion of the rest of the jury. 5 main concerns: difficulty understanding legal concepts, impartiality and objectivity, i(cid:374)fri(cid:374)ge(cid:373)e(cid:374)t of (cid:272)itize(cid:374)"s ti(cid:373)e, decisions based on memory/personal opinions, difficulty in reaching unanimous decisions/different personality of jurors. Issue: you would have to change the charter. Hired and government paid (advantage: it is their job and they will be more dependable) Trained will address the issue of lack of knowledge of the law. They may get bored leading to making short cuts to reach a decision.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers