FSN 223 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Cultural Appropriation, Cultural Genocide, Signify

53 views4 pages
13 Feb 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

People who don"t identify with one group. It might be equal but it"s not equitable. E. g. giving equal resources to one community (flourishing) and another that is struggling. Equity is giving everyone what they need to succeed. E. g. giving resources what they need to succeed, which may mean the struggling community is given more resources that the flourishing. Equality aims to promote fairness but it only works if everyone starts from the same place. North america was taken by and redesigned for european men on a history of colonialism,genocide, slavery, seixm and inquality. If i don"t see myself in fashion, then i don"t exist. By collaborating and sharing power, we build an equitable fashion industry and society. Fashioning reconciliation: aboriginal people, cultural appropriation and indigenizing fashion. Wampum belts are memory keepers, signify treaties and agreements. Bowl: all of toronto, a bowl to share. Location and one"s relationship to land is vitally important to aboriginal peoples.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers