GMS 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Skyscanner, Spotify, Apache Hadoop

56 views2 pages
lily.dilaudo and 39833 others unlocked
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
24 documents

Document Summary

Case study #5 can we trust big data: using big data can help companies gain profits in an easy and efficient way. Spotify music streaming platform and skyscanner use big data to engage with their users. Spotify, big data creates services to make sure that each of their 75 million users are able to listen to the music they like. They use the big data it collects from when users listen to their preferred music and then it offers suggested music and products that relate what the user is liste(cid:374)i(cid:374)g to. If you"re i(cid:374) a happy (cid:373)ood liste(cid:374)i(cid:374)g to happy (cid:373)usi(cid:272), spotify (cid:449)ill suggest happy so(cid:374)gs to you. If you"re i(cid:374) a sad (cid:373)ood liste(cid:374)i(cid:374)g to sad (cid:373)usi(cid:272), spotify (cid:449)ill suggest sad songs to you. By doing this, spotify wants to make sure that users are getting the perfect experience for what they"re payi(cid:374)g for. Skyscanner on the other hand, considers what you are looking for when looking for flights.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers