MHR 711 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Englishtown, Nova Scotia, Motor Control, Employee Benefits

115 views6 pages

Document Summary

Case study: englishtown ferry: on february 8, 2003, donald leblanc died on the job. The 38-year-old drowned when the tractor he was operating to clear snow and ice from the ramp to the small cable ferry in englishtown, nova scotia, slid into. Failing to provide training or offering inadequate training content and evaluation can place workers in hazardous situations, with catastrophic results. Needs analysis: it is the initial stage of the training development process, intended to identify employee and organizational deficiencies that can be addressed with training and to recognize potential obstacles to the success of a training program. Person analysis: i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual e(cid:373)plo(cid:455)ees" (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iou(cid:396) is studied to ide(cid:374)tif(cid:455) gaps i(cid:374) pe(cid:396)fo(cid:396)(cid:373)a(cid:374)(cid:272)e. Person analysis: a component of the training needs analysis process during which i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual e(cid:373)plo(cid:455)ees" (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iou(cid:396) is studied to identify gaps in performance. The ultimate goal in the person analysis is to determine who needs training.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers