PSY 622 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Parental Investment, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Ecological Niche

31 views4 pages

Document Summary

Deficits in 4 main areas (several are in limbic system): frontal lobe imp for exec functioning higher order functions such as cognitive. Frontal lobe damage from car accidents - people would get in trouble for violent. Hippocampus involved in memory, learning, and emotion regulation - moral. Examines structural and functional characteristics of the brain. Has done studies, one looks at different structural/functional damage and how temporal lobe production and inhibition of aggression. Amygdala involved in emotional and fear situations - damage here would lead. Brain and crime: neuroimaging that results i(cid:374) (cid:862)a(cid:374)tiso(cid:272)ial te(cid:374)de(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:455)(cid:863) e(cid:454). Damage to frontal lobe a frequent abnormality found in offenders. Impairments to limbic system and temporal lobe implicated in antisocial poor e(cid:454)e(cid:272)uti(cid:448)e fu(cid:374)(cid:272)tio(cid:374)i(cid:374)g is (cid:862)related(cid:863) to a(cid:374)tiso(cid:272)ial (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour (cid:894)i. e. , (cid:272)orrelatio(cid:374)al(cid:895) Brain and crime: neuropsychology (cid:862)executive functioning : goal-oriented behaviour, purposive attention, organizational skills, inhibitory. No single brain structure ultimately necessary for antisocial behaviour; multiple the environment (e. g. , positive parenting) can reverse the potentially deleterious.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers