RMG 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Ibuprofen, Private Label, Starbucks

73 views3 pages

Document Summary

Involves a logo, identity, design, strategy, marketing and advertising. Manufacturer (national brands) designed, produced and marketed by a vendor and sold by many retailers (i. e. advil) Private label (store) brands developed by retailer and only sold in retailer"s outlets (i. e. life. Licensed brand developed by licensee and sold to either manufacturers or retailers (i. e. starbucks" bottled frappucinos created by pepsico) Unique merchandise not available at competitive outlets. Difficult for customers to compare price with competitors. Require significant investments in design, global manufacturing sourcing. Need to develop expertise in developing and promoting brand. Help retailers build their image and traffic flow. Customers patronize retailers selling the branded merchandise. Premium comparable to or even superior to manufacturer"s brand quality. Parallel imitates the manufacturer"s brand in appearance and packaging, perceived as lower quality, offered at a lower price. Exclusive developed by a national brand vendor and sold exclusively by the retailer.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers