EDUC 323 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Therapeutic Relationship, Role Theory, Primum Non Nocere

38 views4 pages

Document Summary

Co diversity and multicultural aspects of ppl"s lives. Helps ppl develop more options for their lives. Relationships are essential to the counselling process. Definition: relational process based upon the ethical use of specific professional competence, to facilitate human change. Counselling addresses wellness, relationships, personal growth, career development, What situations trigger my helping? (when i feel i must help?) What situations trigger my avoiding to help? (when i want to run away?) No single model can explain all facets of human experience. Theories help us make sense of the thoughts ,feelings, and behaviours we observe and provide means for change to occur. Supplies framework that help co understand what they"re doing. Students and practitioners can develop a co style tailored to their own personality. Identification with personal value system (high vs low) Identification with value system of counselling psychology (high vs low) Separation (too much of co values and imposing on cl)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers