SA 150 Lecture Notes - Incest, Cultural Capital, Cultural Relativism

24 views5 pages

Document Summary

Week 2 chapter 1: introduction to sociology: Sociology the systematic study of social behaviour and human groups as well as the relationship between the individual and the society. It focuses on social relationships, looking at how others influence our behaviour; how major social institutions like the government, religion and the economy affect us; and how we ourselves affect other individuals, groups, and even organizations. Sociologists notice social patterns they recognize that our personal experiences are affected by our class, ethnicity, gender, age, and sexual orientation. Sociological research enables us to discuss social issues in an informed and critical manner it allows us to challenge perceptions such as stereotypes. Sociological perspective the unique way in which sociologists see our world and can analyze the dynamic relations between individuals and the larger social network in which we all live. You employ the sociological imagination by asking yourself who am i and why do i think the way i do? .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers