Lecture 5: cannabi
1) Even though it has its own category what is it sometime classified as? What is its
primary effect? What is it mostly used for? how many percent of people in
Canada have tried it?
2) What plant does it come from? Where are the psychoactive ingredient
predominantly found in the plant? Is it just found here? What are trichomes?
3) What are cannabinoids? T/F they are very lipophilc? What are the three major
cannabanoids in the plant? Which one of the ingredient in the plant is the most
active or gives you high? That other two, do they have any effect on the previous
one? Which of the metabolites give the most psychoactive effect?
4) Cannabis plant: what factors affect the psychoactive potency of the drug (make
it more or less effective)? If you take Pure THC what happen? What does
cannabadiol do? How does it do it? ( hint: where is an antagonist and where is it
5) Cannibus Sativa: What kind of high do you get form this plant (i.e. euphoria
etc?)? THC content ( i.e. small/med/large length)
6) Cannabis Indica: what is its THC content? (Small/med/high) what kind of high
symptoms do you see with this version? How can you get hybrid?
7) Cannabis ruderalis: which country does it primarily grow in? THC content?
8) Preparation made form cannabis plant: what is marijuana? What is the THC
range? How often is it used? Where in Canada is it mostly produced?
9) Sinsemilla: what is it? What is it THC content? Why is it the way it is? Why is it
linked to psychosis?
10) Hashish: what is it? What is its THC content?
11) Hash oil: what is it? how does it THC content? How does it compare to other
form of THC extraction?
12) Smoked: how fast does it enter brain? Peak effect felt when? When does it
leave? Do you absorb more if you hold it in for longer? How can you increase the
absorption of THC in terms of the way you smoke?
13) Orally: why is absorption so bad in this case? How much do you need to get the
same effect as smoking? How long does it last? Why does it lead to overdosing
14)Metabolism: what is THC halflife? How about it’s the halflife of metabolites
that are produce in the liver and lungs? What is the primary metabolite produced?
Why does it remain in our body for a long time?
15)Psychological effects: what kind of effect do you get? How is it different from
alcohol? T/F you get anxiety, panic etc
16)Psychological effect: what are some of the effect? Why do we get shortterm
memory effects? In what kind of patient do we see cognitive effects?
17) Physiological effects: what happens to the heart rate? Why? what can this lead to
if you get tolerance? What are some of the other features? What are the two
diseases it can treat based on its physiological eff