BIOL 2060 Lecture 4: Unit 4 (online and textbook)

106 views8 pages

Document Summary

There are many kinds of interactions that occur in nature which are caused by historical evolution. Overview: predation and herbivory: consumer-resource interaction affect population dynamics of both species. Defence tactics have evolved from this to avoid being eaten: competition: both individuals are harmed by this interaction which comes about from overlapping of niches. Modelling interspecific competitions, understanding how competition is studied and character displacement from evolution are key concepts: mutualism: facultative, obligate, tropic, defensive and dispersive are all mutual interactions where some are more stable from evolution than others. Online component: i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s are ge(cid:374)erally la(cid:271)elled (cid:862)populatio(cid:374) i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s(cid:863) they are really i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s between individuals: intraspecific interactions: between individuals with the same population and therefore the same species interspecific interactions: between individuals of two different species. We consider the effect of interactions on each individuals by positive, negative or neutral and is measured by its ability to survive, grow and/or reproduce.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers